Cancellation and Refund Policy
Last Updated: May 01, 2023
Clients are permitted to cancel their booking and receive a full refund (including all fees) of the booking price, as long as the cancellation is made 24 hours prior to the event start time. Bookings that are canceled less than 24 hours before the start of the event are non-refundable. Please note that a booking will only be officially canceled once Burbank Podcast Studios has confirmed the cancellation via email communication to the client.
In the event of extenuating circumstances, such as conditions that arise after a booking has been confirmed and with minimal notice prior to the scheduled event, Burbank Podcast Studios may allow a client to cancel a confirmed booking (an “Excused Cancellation”). Clients may be required to provide evidence to support an Excused Cancellation. If approved, fees will be refunded in full or Studio Credit may be issued to the client. The following circumstances may be considered as grounds for an Excused Cancellation:
● Unexpected death or serious illness of a host, guest, or immediate family member of either;
● Serious injury that directly restricts a host or guest’s ability to travel;
● Significant natural disasters or severe weather incidents triggering a state of emergency that directly impact the use of the studio or the host or guest’s ability to travel to the studio;
● Urgent travel restrictions or prohibitions, or severe security advisories issued after the time of booking, by an appropriate government office or agency;
● Severe property damage or unforeseen maintenance issues that directly impact the safe use of the studio; or
● Legal, municipality, or utility injunction or order that directly restricts use of or access to the studio.
Burbank Podcast Studios-Initiated Cancellations
Burbank Podcast Studios reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel a confirmed booking if it deems it necessary or appropriate. Burbank Podcast Studios may cancel a booking at any time before the event start time and issue a full or partial refund or Studio Credit to a client. In the event of a Burbank Podcast Studios-initiated cancellation, any refunds or payouts will depend on the circumstances that prompted the cancellation. Neither Burbank Podcast Studios nor any other parties involved in the canceled booking shall have any liability or obligation for such cancellations initiated by Burbank Podcast Studios. The following are circumstances that may prompt Burbank Podcast Studios to initiate a cancellation:
● An excused cancellation;
● Any actual or potential illegal or unauthorized activity;
● Risk of harm or safety concerns;
● Failure to provide proof of insurance, including event or film production insurance, when requested by Burbank Podcast Studios;
● Any violations of our agreements or policies; or
● Any other reason as reasonably determined by Burbank Podcast Studios.
If a Booking is canceled due to an Excused Cancellation or a Burbank Podcast Studios-Initiated Cancellation, the client may receive a Studio Credit that can be used towards a future Booking. The Studio Credit is equivalent to the amount that would have been refunded and can be applied to Bookings, Vendor Services, or Additional Fees such as overtime or dispute claims. Clients have the option to receive a Studio Credit instead of a refund. Completed Bookings made with a Studio Credit will be compensated under the same terms as any other Booking. It is important to note that Studio Credits cannot be exchanged for cash after they have been issued to a client.
If approved by Burbank Podcast Studios, a client may reschedule a Booking under certain conditions. The rescheduled Booking must:
● Have the same duration as the original Booking
● Be approved by Burbank Podcast Studios
● Be confirmed at least 24 hours prior to the original start time
● Occur within 60 days of the original start time
● Only be rescheduled once
Once a rescheduled Booking is confirmed, it becomes non-refundable. If the client fails to successfully reschedule the Booking within the above conditions or attempts to reschedule multiple times, the Booking may be canceled, subject to this Policy and depending on the initiating party.
How to Cancel or Reschedule a Booking
To request the cancellation or rescheduling of a Booking, please send an email to contact[at]burbankpodcaststudios.com. Cancellation requests cannot be accepted via text messages, phone calls, or chats with Burbank Podcast Studios or its representatives. If you are unable to send an email, please reach out to your account representative. Refunds will be calculated based on the submission of a cancellation request to Burbank Podcast Studios. Once submitted, Burbank Podcast Studios may take up to 48 hours to process and confirm the cancellation.