Copyright Release Agreement
Last Updated: May 01, 2023
This Copyright Release Agreement (“Agreement”) is entered into by and between Burbank Podcast Studios (“Company”) and its client (“Client”), collectively referred to as the “Parties.”
WHEREAS, Client has contracted Company for video and image services (“Services”); and
WHEREAS, Company has captured, created, modified, and/or produced certain video and/or images as a result of the Services (“Materials”); and
WHEREAS, Client has paid Company in full for the Services rendered and the Materials;
NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of the mutual promises and covenants contained herein, the Parties agree as follows:
- Company hereby assigns and grants to Client, without restriction, full and complete ownership and all rights, title, and interest to the Materials, including but not limited to all copyrights and other intellectual property rights.
- Company agrees to execute any documents reasonably requested by Client to effectuate the transfer of ownership of the Materials, including but not limited to copyright registration or recordation with the United States Copyright Office, at Client’s own expense.
- Client may use the Materials for any lawful purpose, including reproduction, distribution, display, and creation of derivative works, without further permission from Company.
- Company acknowledges that it has no further rights or interests in the Materials and will not use or exploit the Materials in any manner inconsistent with this Agreement.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law provisions. The Parties agree that any dispute arising under or in connection with this Agreement shall be resolved exclusively in the state or federal courts located in Los Angeles County, California.
- This Agreement represents the entire understanding of the Parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior negotiations, understandings, and agreements between the Parties, whether written or oral. This Agreement may not be amended, modified, or terminated except in writing signed by both Parties.